The Artist Behind The Shop: Crochet Addict


This week, Crochet Addict is featured on this section of my blog. Let´s know her a bit more:


When did you start crafting? What was your motivation?


I have always been interested in arts, I tried drawing and painting, but was only able to make things recognizable not anything exceptional. Then I tried photography and was a little better at that, but couldn\'t keep buying the equipment ( I loved the darkroom the most ). Finally about 4 yrs. ago my mom sat down and taught me the basics of crocheting, I fell in love with the rythm and being able to see the project take shape as I went. I started to search for books and patterns on the internet and learned as many different stitches as i could ( I still hunt for new stitches all the time) and just kept on going - I'm absolutely addicted!



Which one of your designs makes you feel prouder of yourself?
I would have to say I was most pleased with my doilys. It is such a challenge to get the sizing so that they will look just right, so when I finally work through all that, I feel that I have really accomplished something and have "Worked as unto the Lord".


What kind of things inspire you?
I am continually inspired by Creation itself. God is The Artist, I am blessed to be able to take what He has created, and the creative ability He has given me,and display His work in a new expression of beauty.


Is there a place you´ve visited that left a big impression in you? If so, why?

I went to England in the summer of '89 and was so impressed with the architecture of the old churches and the beautiful castle. If I were given the opportunity to choose which era I was born in it would have been the Middle Ages. (If all I was looking at was style!) I love the detail and hard work that went into each part of the buildings.


Would you like to share any advice with your fellow artists?
If there is anything I would say to my fellow artists, it would be to remember that all we do should be to glorify God.






Where can people find you? (blog, twitter, flickr, facebook...)
I have a facebook fan page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Crochet-Addict-homemades-by-Janice/108998321015?ref=ts which I use not only to promote my artfire page ( www.CrochetAddict.artfire.com) - but also to show other peoples work that impresses me.





____________________________________
Thank you very much!




No comments:

Post a Comment